At Step by Step we have qualified physios who are also qualified as Yoga and Pilates instructors. We combine our knowledge of these techniques with everything we know about paediatrics and physio and come up with a special mix of exercises for your kids.
Yoga and Pilates
There are a range of benefits for Pilates and Yoga for children including:
- Improved strength, balance and coordination
- Prevention of musculoskeletal injuries
- Improved posture and stabilisation of your spine
- Builds confidence and positive self-esteem
- Improved concentration and focus
- Promotes body and emotional awareness
- Enhances regulation of emotions and emotional behaviour. Yoga has been shown to help children build resilience, learn relaxation techniques and manage stress. Recent research shows that the combination of active movement with relaxation can trigger a deeper relaxation response than relaxation practices by themselves.
- Improved sleep quality by decreasing sleep onset time, increasing total sleep time and reducing the number of awakenings.
As non-competitive physical activities, Yoga and Pilates develop essential life skills and tools such as relaxation and mindfulness while also cultivating physical health and fitness. We run Pilates and Yoga classes based on demand and levels of interest so if you would like to know more, find out what would be more suitable for your child or leave an expression of interest then please contact us.